In this guide you will learn how to replace the 3D printed XY brackets with injection molded brackets.
It is highly recommended to study the way the are wound around the pulleys to get very familiar, it will aid you in getting them back on.
We will start on he left side first.
1. Line up the hot end with the holes in the ERC frame.
2. Loosen the pulleys to separate the two halves of the XY brackets.
3. Once you can get the belts off the pulleys, make sure you keep them towards the front of the printer and on top of the X Axis rods.
If you do not, you'll have to disassemble everything and start over.
4. Remove the two halves of the brackets, be sure to use something to support the X rods so they don't fall out of place.
Once the have the brackets removed, install the pulleys onto the injection molded brackets then reinstall them onto the X Axis rods.
5. Once you have the brackets sandwiched onto the X Axis rod, tighten them back up.
6. Once you have the left swapped, you can repeat these steps to do the right side.
Be sure to keep the belts towards the front of the printer and above the X Axis rods.
7. Once you have the right side brackets swapped, it's now time to get the belts back onto the pulleys.
This process can be tricky, please follow instructions closely.
8. You'll start with the back belt on the left side. The teeth of the belts should be facing towards the front of the printer.
Wind the belt around pulley #1. That belt will then be wound around pulley #2 and then fed towards the front of the printer to pulley #3.
At this point we stop with that belt.
You then take the front belt on the left side of the hot end and wind it around pulley #4 then go towards the front of the printer to pulley #5.
The belt from pulley 5 then crosses along the front of the printer to pulley #6 and then gets fed towards the rear of the printer to pulley #7.
Wind the belt around pulley #7 and then around pulley #8. That should finish the rear belt on the right side of the hot end.
We take the front belt on the right side of the hot end and wind it around pulley #9.
Wind the belt onto pulley #10, it helps to use a small screwdriver to aid the belt around the pulley.