This solution will cover how to tighten the belts on your HD series Airwolf 3D printer.
1) Check the Belt Tension
The belts should only be tightened when needed. To test this, flick the belt and listen for a low deep tone similar to a cello. If it does, you do not need to tighten the belt.
(This belt is too loose)
2) Loosen a Pulley
- Use a 1.5mm allen wrench to loose ONE pulley. There are two sets of screws on each pulley.
3) Tighten the Belt
- Tighten the belt with the belt adjuster screw. Be very careful not to over tighten!
4) Equalize the Belt Tension
- Move the hot end left and right to equalize the tension to the top and bottom of the belt.
5) Check the Belt Tension
- Repeat step one by flicking the belt and listening for the deep toned cello sound.
6) For the belts on the left and right side (Y), make sure both sides of the rod are aligned by matching them to the acrylic line.
6) Tighten the Pulley
- Use a 2mm allen wrench to tighten the two sets of screws previously loosened.
You're done! Check/repeat process on other three belts.
Please open a Tech Ticket if you have any questions or need assistance with this process.