1) Heat your hot end to the correct temperatures of the filament current loaded and remove filament from machine.
2) Remove back panel from the printer using provide allen wrench set. This panel is held in place by 6 screws.
3) Depending on the version extruder you own, this step will vary.
a: E clip holding the hobbed bolt in place
-Use a screw driver to push the E clip off
b: 2 bolts holding the hobbed bolt in place
-Using two 13mm wrenches, removes nuts from end of hobbed bolt.
4) Pull tubing adapter from the extruder assembly and remove the 3 screws securing it to the printer.
TIP: There is a hole in the acrylic for reaching the side screw!
5) **Keep track of hardware** Push old hobbed bolt from extruder
6) Remove the large nylon gear from the old hobbed bolt. Using a rubber mallet, hammer gear into the new hobbed bolt.
7) Put 2 washers on new hobbed bolt and push through bearing and extruder. You will need to align the larger nylon gear with the smaller. Confirm proper movement.
7) Add washer on end of hobbed bolt and reinsert E clip into groove. If you originally had the 2 bolts, you will no longer be needing them!
Please open a Tech Ticket if you have any questions or need assistance with this process.