- Heat-resistant gloves
- Razor blade
- Allen wrench
- Wire cutters
1) Heat the nozzle to the printing temperature of the current material being used and remove from hot end.
2) Use pliers to hold heating element. Do not allow heating element to swivel! This could cause permanent damage. Avoid pinching wiring.
3) Remove the nozzle with allen wrench and set aside. It will remain hot for a long period of time.
4) If hot end is clogged and has burnt material in it, you will need to push the burnt material out with "Prime Filament" In the Viki second menu. Skip to step 6 if clear.
5) Remove extruded material and "Remove Filament" with the Viki. Cut the filament at a 45 degree before loading back into the printer later.
6) Use a razor blade to scrape the bottom face of the heating element to remove any debris.
7) Once cooled, soak the nozzle in acetone
- acetone bath will range from 2-12 hours depending on how much filament is in the nozzle.
8) Still using the pliers, install new or cleaned nozzle. Don't forget the washers!
Nozzle Screw Size: 3M-10 Stainless Steel Button Head
Please open a Tech Ticket if you have any questions or need assistance with this process.