. This guide will walk you through the process of installing a restrain on your Axiom 20 ERC harness.
Issue being resolved:
This guide is intended to alleviate a rare issue that some Axiom 20 owners have been reporting.
The issue at hand is that some times when the print head moves forward and back in the y-direction repeatedly during bigger print jobs, the wire harness may get stuck on the slot it is meant to retract through. This in turn will cause a kink on the harness and could damage the inner wires thus causing random system failures on the head of the Axiom 20. These system failures may manifest themselves as extruder motor misbehavior, heat resistor and/or thermistor discontinuity, or even fan malfunction.
What you'll need:
- Harness Restrain kit (contact tech support to order one)
- A T-15 Torx screwdriver or key
- A measuring device (ruler, tape, calipers, etc.)
- Remove any filament and spool holders attached to the back.
- Unplug your machine.
- Get your torx bit set and use the the T-15 bit to remove the 8 screws on the back panel.
- Carefully remove the back panel since it is a large and heavy metal plate.
- Locate the ERC harness and the post it is tied to.
- Measure 90mm (3.5in) from the post.
- Secure one side of the spring at this point using two of the supplied cable ties.
- Locate the second anchor point. It the top right screw from the cluster of four towards the bottom of the panel.
- Attach the supplied washer and hex nut to this screw. Hand tighten.
- Loop the largest cable tie around the other end of the spring end and around the screw you just worked with.
- Tighten the cable tie only enough to give a distance of about 80mm (3in) between the screw and the spring end.
- You are all set. Simply place the back panel back on your machine and you are ready to continue printing!