If your AXIOM has the new version hot end with four screws on the top, you do not need to adjust the tension of the belts.
Over time the belts may need to be tightened. This solution includes all steps taken to correctly tighten your belts. THIS WILL ONLY BE FOR ABOUT THE FIRST 80 AXIOM THAT WERE BUILT.
(Example of what belts should look like)
- Gently move the hot end to the front of the printer until you here the "click" of the micro switch being activated.
- Inspect both the left and right Y carriage to determine there distance to the front smooth rod mount. Locate the side that has a farther distance.
3) Using needle nose pliers, tighten the applicable belt by twisting.
- Right Y Carriage too far from the front - tighten rear belt tab on the hot end
- Left Y Carriage too far from the front - tighten front belt tab on the hot end
Once the belt has been tightened, tighten the 3 screws on the hot end back down to secure the belt in it's new position.
4) Belts should now be equal when compared to front
5) The finished tension should be flick-able. When pinched they can touch, but with pressure.
Please open a Tech Ticket if you have any questions or need assistance.